Use Google Maps on the Kindle Fire/Kindle Fire HD/HDX Tutorial
Allow Installation of Applications
1. Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Device’. For the HDX: Go to ‘Settings’ and click on ‘Applications’.
2. Make sure ‘Allow Installation of Applications’ is ‘On’.
Downloading & Installing the Game
3. On your Kindle Fire, go to the default web browser and go here to download Google Maps .APK file: http://www.mediafire.com/download/04bo50e9f3vtta9/Maps_6.14.4.apk
4. After the file is done downloading, go to the menu icon and click on ‘Downloads’ and open up the .APK file. This will install the game.
Explore new places, discover local favorites, and navigate your world with Google Maps. Available on Android phones and tablets with a simple, easy-to-use design.
– Get where you need to go quickly with voice guided turn-by-turn GPS navigation, or try public transit, biking, and walking directions
– Find the perfect spot for any occasion with local reviews from trusted friends and experts
– Tour cities with stunning, 360-degree Street View and see inside restaurants, museums and more
– Sign in to save favorite locations, get tailored recommendations, and access past searches across devices